Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/myfilesp/goicefishing/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a-focus-plus-faq/inc/functions.php on line 250
Dressing properly is the key to a long and comfortable day on the ice. Here are some important tips:
- Start with thin layers, then layer-on the heavier cloths on top. Good thermal underwear the first layer. The longer you can keep your core warm the longer your extremities will stay warm.
- Make sure you can move around freely. If you’re feeling restrained, lighten up on the layers.
- Layer the short socks, but you shouldn’t need to layer up from your foot much, unless you wear short boots.
- Wear warm high boots that will keep cold and wetness out.
- A good ice fishing suit is the best, but deer hunting gear or good ski/snowboard wear will suffice. Often just a good pair of winter bibs is all you need besides a regular jacket or sweatshirt on top of you layers.
- Make sure you have a hooded jacket and a good hat that covers your ears.
- If you plan on fishing outside, wear thin waterproof gloves if you can’t fish glove-free. Keep them on unless you need to change bait or re-tie.
- If you gotta pee, go pee. You get cold when you’re holding it in.